Quality control for feed and water
Regardless of the physiological stage considered, quality control over the various nutritional inputs (water, feed) contributes strongly to attainment of farmers’ technical and economic objectives. Acidification is an excellent means of completing this control. The use of acidifier complexes enables minimisation of the development of pathogenic flora in feed and/or water and therefore optimises digestive function by promoting beneficial acidophilus bacteria.
Vitalac is a pioneer in acidification in poultry farms. The range which has been developed provides a response to several problems encountered:
– Conservation, digestibility of proteins and digestive safety (DigestionVG)
– Drinking water acidifiers (Liquid Vitacid HP), dry feeds (VitacidEx dry)
– Conservation of cereals on the farm (Fongi-Protect)
– Combatting salmonella (Salmoccide)
The benefits of acidification observed by production type:
– Poultry and palmipeds: better feed/gain ratio, drier bedding, lower ammonia emissions, reduced pododermatitis and lameness, improved yellowing
– Laying hens: maintenance of the laying curve, improved egg weight and shell quality (fewer rejected eggs)
Acidifier complexes are designed according to the physical and chemical parameters of each water source (analysis in our laboratory and establishment of a dose curve).
The range of acidifier complexes comes in powder or liquid form and in various types of packaging.
Whether used in water, raw materials or feed, acidifiers ensure good support, circuit and animal hygiene.
In poultry and palmipeds, the benefits of acidification are as follows: better feed/grain ratio, drier bedding, lower ammonia, reduced pododermatitis and lameness, improved yellowing.
In laying hens, acidification enables, in particular, maintenance of the laying curve and better shell quality.