Cleanolite is a product used to condition bedding and colonise it with a bacterial core which competes with pathogenic flora, for better udder health.
The hygiene of calf and dairy cow bedding (stalls or straw-lined area) is a key factor in animal health. Rather than disinfecting, as most conditioners do (which is unrealistic in a farm environment), Vitalac’s approach is to propagate beneficial bacteria which will quickly colonise the environment, leaving little room for pathogens to develop.
– Cleanolite, in addition to plant and mineral-based conditioning agents, contains a core of lactobacilli, selected bacteria which colonise the bedding.
Effects of Cleanolite:
– Reduction of mastitis and cells
– Prevention of metritis
– Reduction of digestive and respiratory pathologies in young calves
Watch stall cleaning and Cleanolite application
Improving ruminal efficiency
Acidosis is the number one cause of performance drops in ruminants. Leading to diminished rumination and liquid dung containing undigested grains, it is caused by prolonged periods of low ruminal pH below 5.6, which reduce rumen flora yield (feed efficiency). Cases of acidosis most often result from an energy/protein imbalance, a lack of fibre content in feed, or a rushed dietary transition. The aim is to buffer in order to optimise ruminal function.
– Alkabov: A buffer substance based on sodium bicarbonate, salt and live yeast
– RumenStimul: A cocktail of clays and nutrients to optimise ruminal fermentation. RumenStimul can be added to Vitacarte custom mineral formulas.
Effects of Alkabov and RumenStimul:
– Improvement in feed efficiency (+5 to 10% milk/kg DM intake) = better digested dung
– Reduced risk of ruminal acidosis
Buffering the ration optimises ruminal fermentation for improved intake processing. Simple dung washing provides a quick view of a cow’s feed efficiency, by residue examination.
Binding mycotoxins and stabilising forages
In cattle farming, the main mycotoxin risk comes from mould in the field. Mycotoxins are therefore collected with the forage and very much present, despite good conservation practices in the silo.
Most silage-maize and cereal-based feeds are highly contaminated with mycotoxins, continuously affecting the animals’ immunity, digestion and fertility. In ruminant farms, it is primarily a question of field mycotoxins (produced by fusarium).
– Vitabiocell: Mycotoxin binders. Packaged in
25 kg bags or added to custom mineral formulas Vitacarte
– Fongi-Protect: Preservative based on propionic acid to stabilise forages, feeds or silo feeding grills which heat up. 25 L or 200 L packaging
Effects of Vitabiocell and Fongi-Protect:
– Stimulates ingestion
– Improves digestion and performance
Treatments to strengthen animals
Some critical periods in the breeding cycle require specific nutritional intakes provided as a course of treatment to prevent and/or minimise risks to the animals’ health and performance levels.
– Vitaliver: hepatoprotective. Reduction of the syndrome of hepatic steatosis (fatty liver) in early or late gestation, or after a phase of phase of weight loss in the herd
– Vitaflush Oligos: A concentrate of trace elements and vitamins. Stimulation of immunity and reproduction, relief from reactions to stress, or correction of a deficiency
– RumiPG: Prevention of flu risk
Prevention is better than cure. Taking a course of nutritional supplements helps to strengthen the animals’ health and performance.