Energy booster around the calving period.
Increases and supports blood glucose levels
Propyguard stimulates the appetite of diary cows and helps prevent ketosis and glucose deficiencies, most importantly at early lactation. There are multiple consequences related to energy deficits:
- Decreased appetite
- Displaced abomasum
- Weight loss during the first month of lactation
- Unattained lactation peak, lack of persistency in milk production
- Delayed oestrus, poor fertility
- Decreased immune response
Propyguard boosts ingestion in cows around the calving period, prevents energy deficits and maintains better body condition after calving.
A targeted formula
Propyguard is specially formulated with glucose precursors that take action in different ways. Its short to long term effects act either immediately for quick assimilation or more slowly for a gradual increase in blood glucose levels. Propyguard increases milk yield at the peak thanks to the energy support it provides cows.
Developed by VITALAC nutritionists and manufactured in our factory, Propyguard is available in liquid form.
- Glycerol, mono propylene glycol, isomaltutose and sorbitol
- Sodium propionate
- De la Niacine
Our recommendations for use
For dairy cows, sheep and goats.
Recommendations for use:
- Mix in or add to the ration,
- In the milking robot or automated concentrate feeder,
- In the drinking water using a dosing pump.
As preventive treatment for 2 to 3 weeks before calving and for a minimum of 25 days after calving..
As a curative treatment in the event of diagnosed ketosis: 5-day treatment during the 6-week period after calving.
our 100% plant-based MPG solution
Vitalac has also developed a green, 100% plant-based Propyguard. It is made with MPG* from plant origins (derived from the processing of vegetable oils).