Siloguard, grass silage preservation and organic recycling
The Siloguard Herbe preservative ensures a high-quality grass silage preservation (ray-grass, clover, alfalfa or immature cereals) and optimisation of the nutritional values of fodder for ruminant feed.
Organic grass silage preservative
- Suitable for an optimal conservation in silos and wrapped bales
- Helps silage phases progress faster, enables faster fermentation and provides a reserve of quality fodder available in as soon as 2 weeks
- Reduces the volume of dry matter (DM) loss up to +10% fodder
- Limits the heating of the silo face with up to 5 days of stability
- Reduces the development of harmful bacteria (butyric acid, enterobacteriaceae)
Siloguard Herbe is a formulation of microbiological additives combining homofermentative bacteria (Lactobacillus plantarum) and heterofermentative bacteria (Lactobacillus buchnerii and Lactobacillus diolivorans).
Siloguard meets safety standards and regulatory requirements and is Usable in Organic Agriculture (UOA).
Recommendations for use
Siloguard Herbe must be diluted beforehand with water, to reactivate the bacteria, and is sprayed onto the fodder at harvest time using the integrated forage harvester applicator.
A dry matter content (DM) between 25% and 45% is recommended for optimal efficiency. A 100 g jar of SiloGuard Herbe can be used to treat 50 gross tonnes of grass silage. The SiloGuard formulation is not sensitive to chlorinated water.
VITALAC provides training and field support for the best use of the SiloGuard treatment.
The VITALAC laboratory performs thousands of silage analyses per year = these analyses systematically include the fermentation characteristics: pH, lactic, acetic and butyric acids