SiloGuard, corn silage preservation and organic recycling
Siloguard Maïs Speed ensures quality corn silage conservation (whole plant corn silage, corn cob silage, ground or whole wet grain corn) and optimisation of the nutritional values of cereals for ruminant feed.
Organic silage corn preservative
- Quick and efficient acidification
to reduce the volume of dry matter (DM) loss
- Ensures more stable silage and
availability as soon as 14 days later
- Provides long-lasting protection from overheating due to opening,
with up to 5 days of stability
- Reduces the development of harmful bacteria (butyric acid, enterobacteriaceae)
Reliable and enriched silage corn
- Improve the protein nutritional values (+3% FUL) of silage corn,
- Better palatability, improved ingestion and digestion (+3% OMD)
- Save +3% to +7% additional fodder (400 to 800 FUL/Ha)
- Controlled risk of moulds and yeasts in the feed
- Corn fodder reserve available as soon as 14 days later
- Optimal storage stability
- Higher milk production +1 kg/Day/Dairy Cow
Siloguard Maïs Speed is a formulation of microbiological additives combining homofermentative bacteria (Lactobacillus rhamnosus) and heterofermentative bacteria (Lactobacillus buchnerii and Lactobacillus diolivorans). SiloGuard Maïs Speed meets safety standards and regulatory requirements and is Usable in Organic Agriculture (UOA).
Recommendations for use
Siloguard Maïs Speed must be diluted beforehand with water, to reactivate the bacteria, and is sprayed onto the silage corn at harvest time using the integrated forage harvester applicator.
A 100 g pot of SiloGuard Maïs Speed can be used to treat 100 gross tonnes of corn silage.
VITALAC provides training and field support for the best use of the SiloGuard treatment.
The VITALAC laboratory performs thousands of silage analyses per year = these analyses systematically include the fermentation characteristics: pH, lactic, acetic and butyric acids